Global Marketing Manager
Location: Farnborough, UK
LOMA is a critical part of food safety and quality
Just about any product you will have bought in a supermarket has to be checked to ensure it is free from contamination (i.e. metal, glass, stone, plastic) and is to the quality intended. LOMA equipment is installed in many food production facilities around the world to protect us as consumers. You will get exposure to an industry you did not even know existed!
Be involved at a global level
This role based at our UK headquarters will be a fundamental part of the team that helps shape our customer and product experience, and works closely with sales, service and R&D teams.
Our culture is hands-on
Although we are serious about what we achieve and are agile in our nature, our culture is friendly and positive. Every individual is encouraged to take the initiative to get things done and you will be able to make an impact in many areas.
We are ITW: Stability and Opportunity
LOMA is a company owned by Illinois Tool Works (ITW) and within a framework we operate autonomously with a decentralised entrepreneurial culture and leverage the 80:20 principle in everything we do. ITW is described as “the best industrial you’ve probably never heard of” – check our Jim Cramer’s summary of who we are.
The primary function of the Global Marketing Manager is to create and execute a global marketing and promotional program using the full marketing mix to help raise the profile and awareness of Loma Systems and drive equipment and service opportunity for the company. The role is tied directly into the sales pipeline goals, business strategy and alignment of our global brand. The position reports directly to the Director of Marketing and Innovation and has direct management responsibility for the UK marketing team, and a dotted-line responsibility for the US-based marketing team.
- Formulates and implements cohesive global and local marketing strategies for the organisation as guided by the business objectives
- Supports the network of direct sales staff and external distributors to assist Loma in profitably achieving sales and margin objectives.
- Uses customer segmentation, market data, and competitor intelligence to develop the communications strategy and messaging to effectively position and promote the company, its products and services with internal and external stakeholders using a comprehensive mix of digital and offline channels (i.e. email, direct mail, video, PR, advertising, events, social media, telemarketing, etc.)
- Supports Customer-Back Innovation/ product development initiatives and drives the introduction of new products and services, and ensures associated messages are effectively and consistently deployed globally.
- Champions the Loma brands, ensure consistency of brand look/feel and values are understood globally and takes every opportunity to positively reinforce.
- Responsible for Loma’s online presence and tools (web, LiveChat, Ecommerce, social and other sites), to ensure all content is optimised and updated to increase traffic and conversions .
- Manages the creative development of all digital and print collateral, tools and supporting information to ensure sales effectiveness.
- Researches and analyses competitors, market and industry trends to understand any developments and opportunities that can be exploited.
- Undertakes Voice of the Customer and Customer feedback campaigns, talking to customers regularly and analysing feedback.
- Through networking and brand exposure, works to builds relationships with key market influencers and specifiers.
- Tracks, analyses and reports on marketing key performance indicators and metrics, industry trends, competitors, etc.
- Develops a diverse, sustainable and effective marketing team and manages all external resources/suppliers required to execute on marketing plans.
- Prepares and documents all marketing expenditure in line with an assigned marketing budget. Implements cost controls and ensures adherence to budget on a monthly basis.
- Advocates ITW 80/20 and other toolbox standards / initiatives into everything we do.
- Responsible for realising employee engagement and charity events to unify the company and staff In addition to the duties listed above, the position holder must carry out tasks assigned by their supervisor that are essentially related to their duties.
- Knowledge of global industrial marketing principles, methods and techniques, developed through at least 10 years of progressive experience in B2B Marketing, Product Management or similar discipline.
- At least 4 years of management experience, with demonstrated leadership competency and the ability to drive change.
- Proven experience translating strategic plans into integrated marketing and communications programs.
- Hands on approach, with strong leadership and influencing skills to get things done.
- Must be detail oriented, have exceptional time and business process management skills and be able to prioritize in a constantly changing environment.
- Genuinely collaborative, pragmatic team player with proven experience in international, multi-cultural, preferably matrix, environments.
- Enthusiastic, resourceful, motivated and committed – able to help drive employee engagement.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, with an ability to distil technical information into clear customer communication. Must be a strong presenter.
- Outgoing and strong interpersonal skills, with recognised aptitude to proactively and quickly build relationships at all levels.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems and to foster a cooperative work environment with peers and suppliers.
- Skilled in budget preparation and financial management, able to manage your own budget from pre agreed plan.
- Customer and commercial awareness and a developed understanding of the sales process.
- Desire to work in a technical B2B environment understanding the technical applications and value propositions of Loma‘s products and services.
- Proven results in attracting, managing and developing talent. Experience in leading a marketing team.
- Demonstrable technical proficiency in software tools, such as Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel), CRM, modern web CMS, Google Analytics and other marketing tools.
- Developed understanding of 80/20 concepts and the implication of how the business should operate.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally on a regular basis.
- Educated to a minimum of Degree level.
- Competitive Salary with Bonus
- Excellent Pension with Critical illness cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking and other benefits