Marketing Communications Manager
Location:Carol Stream, IL, USA
LOMA SYSTEMS® is a premier manufacturer of Check and Detect inspection equipment used to identify contaminants and product defects in the food and pharmaceutical industries. Established in the UK in the 1960’s, Loma Systems is today one of the leading global companies involved in production line safety systems, boasting an impressive installed base of over 125,000 machines in over 100 countries. Our talented team of people work across the world in a friendly, supportive work environment and with a no politics culture, there is nothing to stop you reaching your full potential.
We are part of Illinois Tool Works (ITW), a global Fortune 250 diversified industrial manufacturer of value added consumables and speciality equipment with related service businesses. Operating under the core philosophies of 80/20 business processes, customer-back innovation and a decentralized entrepreneurial culture, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with significant presence in developed and emerging markets. ITW’s revenues totalled US$13.6 billion in 2016, with more than 50,000 employees worldwide.
The Marketing Communications Manager, North America role will lead and champion all marketing activities for North America. The role has the primary responsibility to create, develop and execute marketing plans in line with Loma’s global and regional strategies to advance Loma’s market position and stimulate leads/opportunities ready for conversion. This position reports directly to the North America Business Unit Manager and functionally to Loma’s Global Marketing Manager.
- Generate and lead marketing communications campaigns for new product launches, targeted market segments, partnership arrangements, branding opportunities, etc. for the North American market.
- Build brand equity and awareness based on a developed market understanding, including customers and competitors, by means of a targeted, consistent, and resonant message to the market.
- Develop creative and compelling content across a variety of channels (digital and offline) that increase brand awareness and visibility, drives lead generation and enhances audience engagement.
- Create, lead, results-measure and report North American marketing and promotional activities, with a clear lead generation focus, which includes:
- Collateral development, content marketing, and creation of communication campaigns
- Execution of digital campaigns that target and nurture opportunities
- Creation of documentation that improves sales and service effectiveness
- Organizing and championing Loma at events and networking opportunities
- Appropriate content creation and copywriting for online and print
- Creating and managing PR and contributing to social media
- Gather and analyze market information (customer, industry and competitor) to identify and quantify trends that contribute to increased differentiation of Loma through continuing product and service development.
- Ensure the organizational effectiveness of the North American marketing organization.
- Liaise with Loma UK on product regionalization needs for the North American market where such localization needs can be supported.
- Contact customers as part of a ‘voice of the customer’ campaign and build customer reference lists and case studies.
- Organize and lead employee engagement events as well as charity events to help unify the company and staff.
- In addition to the duties listed above, the position holder must carry out tasks assigned by their supervisors that are essentially related to their duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in B2B Marketing, Product Management or similar discipline.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, with an ability to distil technical information into clear customer communication.
- Outgoing and strong interpersonal skills, with recognized ability to proactively and quickly build and nurture relationships at all levels.
- Ability to foster buy-in from key stakeholders and mobilize activities around key strategies.
- Enthusiastic, resourceful, motivated and committed.
- Capable of effectively managing priorities and time when provided multiple projects, of varying magnitude, with firm delivery dates.
- Knowledge of industrial marketing principles, methods and techniques.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems and foster a cooperative work environment.
- Experience of managing and motivating people.
- Skill in budget preparation and financial management.
- Ability to understand the company’s sales tools including product design guides, Metal detector, Checkweigher, and X-ray and technical applications.
- Willingness for travel across North America (up to 25%) with occasional international travel.
- Demonstrable technical proficiency in software tools such as Microsoft Office, CRM, modern Web CMS, Google Analytics or Social Media Platforms.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience within food production industry.
- Technical Electronic Engineering understanding.
Along with opportunities for career growth and development, Loma Systems provides a comprehensive benefits package, in conjunction with ITW, which supports our employees’ educational endeavors, wellness and financial security. Here are some of the features our comprehensive package has to offer:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings program
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Wellness and fitness program
- Life insurance up to 8x the salary
- Advancement opportunities
- Educational assistance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts with the ITW key suppliers: cars, computers, appliances and more