Production Team Leader
Loma Systems, an Illinois Tool Works company, is the leading manufacturer of food inspection systems - metal detectors, X-ray inspection, and checkweighers. We have a Production Team Leader position available in our Carol Stream, Illinois facility who reports to our Vice-President of Operations.
- Through effective supervision and control of resources, working together with other functions and suppliers, ensure the timely assembly of machines having a primary regard for the customer expectations and promised delivery schedules.
- Ensure the quality of the assembled machines as appropriate and where required all documentation needs to be correctly completed and controlled.
- Manage the day-to–day activity of the entire final assembly area, both the building and testing of all Search-Heads as well as all complete systems. The objective is to maximize the assembly efficiency, controlling the required Over-Time, and assuring that the machines are built to the customer’s specifications and completed within specific timescales.
- Control and update the production schedule (in Fmpro) on a regular basis, be prepared to answer questions and provide predictions related to specific machine completion dates.
- Develop and maintain operating quality systems and procedures. These procedures are to be documented and maintained.
- Take part in regular scheduled meeting with the VP of Operations and other team leaders in discussing and providing resolutions to specific problem areas within the Operations group.
- Ensure maintenance and promote a clean, tidy, healthy and safe working environment and to ensure that procedures are regularly checked and corrective action taken if needed.
- Continuously promote the development of other team members through establishing, agreeing, implementing and reviewing individual training programs.
- Ensure the timely availability of raw materials, consumables, and other components needed in the assembly process.
- Effectively supervise all team members ensuring maximum productivity at all times.
- Contribute to the formulation and development of action plans and key performance indicators for the Machine Assembly Department. Report on these as and when requested.
- The following functions will report to this position: Search-Head Assembly, System Assembly, X-Ray Assembly, all machine Final test, In-House repair, and Product testing.
- Perform other duties as reasonable requested.
- 1-3 years of experience in managing a custom machine production assembly area.
- Knowledge of basic mechanical assembly techniques.
- Knowledge of basic industrial electrical wiring and assembly techniques.
- Knowledge of production scheduling techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of JIT, Kanban and other Lean Manufacturing methods.
- Project management and report writing skills.
- Computer literacy, including computerized material systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Related Associates Degree preferred.
Loma Systems, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package with overtime eligibility. Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k) with company match, company paid life and disability coverage. Please email, mail, or fax your resume with salary expectations to: email@example.com; Attn: Human Resources, Loma Systems Inc., 283 E. Lies Road, Carol Stream, IL 60188; fax (630) 681-2087. Loma's employment policy does require the ability to successfully complete a background check, physical, and drug test.
Loma Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.